The Power Of Branding
What is the point of a branded coffee cup?
We’re often asked this question, and so it might be worth sharing our thoughts on why we believe it makes sense to invest in branded coffee cups.
Actually, there are also a number of ideas here that our customers tell us is why they use branded cups.
So, here goes:
- Firstly, it’s great advertising. Every time someone walks out onto the street with one of your branded cups, your brand name is being seen by lots of potential customers. And, as marketing experts agree, building and maintaining high levels of brand awareness in your area is an essential component of maximising the number of repeat purchases, and encouraging new people to try what you have to offer.
- Secondly, it demonstrates that your brand takes what it is doing seriously and is offering something special. Sure, you could provide coffee in a generic unbranded cup, but that does nothing to indicate that your coffee is something that you are prepared to put your name to, to indicate that it is not simply ‘any old cup of coffee’, it is ‘a (your name goes here) cup of coffee’.
- Thirdly, it shows confidence; confidence that your business is prepared to put its name on its products. And, again as marketing experts tell us, consumers like to buy from businesses that express a certain confidence in what they are doing.
- Fourthly, it is a powerful demonstration to your staff that they are part of a business that is proud of what it offers and is serious about communicating that to its customers and potential customers.
- Finally, if you have gone to the trouble of developing a brand and a brand identity, why wouldn’t you want to brand your coffee cups? The whole point of creating a brand, and the set of design assets to represent it, is to make it easy for your customers and potential customers to recognise you and find you.
So, by branding your cups (and any other bits of takeaway packaging that you can) you are building recognition and fame for your brand, and ultimately this will pay back through repeat purchases, new customers and a more clearly defined sense of how your business offers something distinctive in what is a very crowded marketplace.
Also in News
NaturePac have been busy planting trees as a result of the Cups For Trees campaign. You can find out more about our partnership with the charity Creating Nature’s Corridors here.